Man threatened at knife-point in aggravated burglary in Colchester
A victim was threatened at knife-point after a man entered a property in Colchester yesterday.
Police are appealing for information about the aggravated burglary which took place at a property close to Berechurch Hall Lane.
A man entered the property through an open front door at around 1.20pm and was challenged by the occupant and left.
He returned minutes later armed with a knife and threatened the man with a knife before leaving empty handed.
The victim was not injured in the incident.
The suspect has been described as being white, aged in his late teens, with dark hair and facial hair.
It is believed he wore a blue parka jacket with fur around the hood and a blue Puma hooded top.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
Anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID, quoting crime reference 42/15190/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 5555111.