Man remanded in custody after claims he assaulted his ex-partner and threw phone in a ditch
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man accused of assaulting his ex-partner and throwing her mobile phone into a ditch will face a trial in March.
Shaun Dighton, 37, of Crown Street, Felixstowe, appeared via video link at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
He previously pleaded not guilty to assault by beating and criminal damage on January 24.
It is alleged Dighton assaulted his ex-partner in Stowmarket in the early hours of December 22 last year.
He is also charged with criminal damage having allegedly thrown his ex-partner's phone into a ditch during the same incident near the Cedars Hotel in Stowmarket on December 22.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Holt, defending Dighton, made an application for bail on Thursday but magistrates in Ipswich decided to remand Dighton in custody.
He will next appear before magistrates in Ipswich for a hearing on February 27.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
His trial is scheduled for March 16.