Man to stand trial for New Year’s Day stabbing of women
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a 34-year-old man accused of a double stabbing in the early hours of New Year’s Day in Felixstowe will take place in June.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on Thursday January 30 was Michael Dawson, of Mill Lane, Felixstowe.
He pleaded not guilty to two offences of wounding Jennifer Dawson and Laura Thrower with intent to cause them grievous bodily harm on January 1 this year.
The two women, aged 33 and 44, were allegedly stabbed at around 2am at a property in Mill Lane.
A plea trial hearing will take place in March 25 and Dawson's trial, which is expected to last up to five days, will take place in June 8.
You may also want to watch:
Dawson was remanded in custody.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop