Man trapped after two vehicle crash on B1078 near Charsfield
- Credit: Archant
Two vehicles have collided on the B1078 this afternoon between Clopton and Charsfield.
Fire, police and ambulance services are all currently at the scene where a transit van and a car have collided.
An elderly man was trapped in one of the vehicles. The fire service were able to release him using hydraulic gear.
Police were called to the scene at 10.40am, the fire service were called at 11.18 - there were three fire engines.
A police spokesperson confirmed that one man had been taken to hospital but his injuries were not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
The air ambulance were called to the scene as a precaution but it is not known if the injured man travelled in it.
Recovery has been called and police remain on the scene.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143