Man trapped under bus in crash drama
IPSWICH: A man in his mid-20s is recovering in hospital today after falling under a bus as he came out of a pub.
The horrifying accident happened at around 10pm last night on the corner of Derby Road and Felixstowe Road.
A police spokesman said the man, who reportedly had come out of the Royal Oak, had broken both his legs.
He said that the victim was running alongside the bus banging on the side to get on.
When the bus turned the corner, he fell underneath and became trapped beneath a front wheel of the double decker.
You may also want to watch:
Several police cars, fire engines and an ambulance were in attendance, and the man was rushed to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
The road was closed for several hours before it was opened by 1am.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 8 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
Suffolk fire station manager Ian Mallet said: “We were called to one casualty who was trapped under a bus.
“We had to work in liaison with the ambulance service to ensure the man was released from the bus in a timely manner to allow him to be taken to hospital.”
Firefighters from Colchester Road and Princes Street stations used pressurised airbags to gently lift the bus up to release the man within approximately 15 minutes. He was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital with serious injuries.
Police closed the road for several hours to conduct an investigation into the circumstances of the crash.