Man who died in stabbing formally identified
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Detectives have formally identified a man who died after a stabbing in Lowestoft.
Police were called at around 11.15pm on Saturday, July 7 to reports a man had suffered serious injuries at an address in Underwood Close, in the north of the town.
The victim, a 28-year-old man who has now been formally identified as Scott Tarrant, died of his injuries after been taken to the James Paget Hospital for treatment.
A Home Office post-mortem examination concluded that the cause of death was as a result of multiple stab wounds.
Steven Butcher, 23, of Ashfield Crescent in Lowestoft, was charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared before Great Yarmouth Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, July 10 and has been remanded into custody.
He will appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 11.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe