Manor House gallery inspires Bury students’ collaborative art
Children from two Bury St Edmunds schools are creating four canvass artworks, inspired by a one-off gallery at Manor House.
Pupils from Howard Middle and St Louis Catholic Middle schools visited the exhibition yesterday, before starting their own artwork at the Discovery Centre, in St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
They took their inspiration from Bury artist Mary Beale, whose paintings form a major part of the Manor House exhibition.
The paintings are made up of dozens of squares, allocated to each child.
“It is a privilege to bring together local schools and this prestigious event in the town,” said Helen Woodroffe, children’s education officer at St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
“The children will be creating their own artistic legacy of this event, which we hope they will find inspiring.”
Each school will keep one of the canvasses as a memento of the event.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park