First look at plans for £4.2million new mobile home park
- Credit: Archant
This is the first plan of what a new mobile home park in Suffolk to help solve the affordable housing crisis will look like.
Millionaire entrepreneur Alfie Best is bringing the first of his Wyldecrest Parks company's new Premium Developments to Mildenhall.
The homes, priced between £79,000 and £199,000, are designed to be of higher quality but be more affordable for people aged over 50 who are looking to downsize in retirement.
Now a map has been released showing what the 38 homes on the former scrapyard site close to Mildenhall town centre will look like.
Mr Best, who built a fortune of £280million from his gypsy roots, believes the mixture of one, two and three-bedroom homes will be "genuine, affordable housing".
You may also want to watch:
He added: "This is the solution to affordable housing for people in this country without compromising at all on quality," he said.
Work is due to start on the site in Rookery Drove Retreat over the next four months.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
The £4.2million site will include electronic gates and CCTV cameras and be completed by January next year.