Fire at furniture factory
PUBLISHED: 17:46 19 January 2019 | UPDATED: 17:59 19 January 2019
Archant © 2018
A factory near Chelmsford’s Hylands House was saved by Essex firefighters after a dust extractor burst into flames.
Firefighters were called to a fire on the outside of a furniture factory in Margaretting Road, near Chelmsford, around noon on January 18.
When fire crews arrived they reported that the external dust extractor fan was completely on fire.
Extinguishing the external fire by 1pm, the fire crews detected hot spots throughout the factory’s ventilation system as well.
After cutting away parts of the system to access all of the hot spots, the firefighters were able to leaver the scene at 2.40pm.
Firefighters managed to completely extinguish all hot spots by 2:40pm.
The factory is on the neighbouring road to Hylands Park, the grounds to the 18th century stately home, Hylands House.
The park is host to the annual V Festival, which rebranded as the RiZE festival in 2018.
The building is now owned and operated by Chelmsford City Council.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East Anglian Daily Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.