Fire at furniture factory
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A factory near Chelmsford’s Hylands House was saved by Essex firefighters after a dust extractor burst into flames.
Firefighters were called to a fire on the outside of a furniture factory in Margaretting Road, near Chelmsford, around noon on January 18.
When fire crews arrived they reported that the external dust extractor fan was completely on fire.
Extinguishing the external fire by 1pm, the fire crews detected hot spots throughout the factory’s ventilation system as well.
After cutting away parts of the system to access all of the hot spots, the firefighters were able to leaver the scene at 2.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters managed to completely extinguish all hot spots by 2:40pm.
The factory is on the neighbouring road to Hylands Park, the grounds to the 18th century stately home, Hylands House.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
The park is host to the annual V Festival, which rebranded as the RiZE festival in 2018.
The building is now owned and operated by Chelmsford City Council.