Margaretting: Witness appeal after hundreds of baby changing mats are stolen in knife-point robbery
Three men wearing balaclavas are being sought by police following a knife-point robbery where more than 1,600 baby changing mats were stolen.
Essex Police say the men cut open the side curtain of a lorry which was parked in a layby on the A12 near Margaretting at about 5am on Wednesday.
The driver got out of his cab but was threatened with a knife.
The mats, from Norfolk-based East Coast nurseries, were being delivered to Spain and had Spanish and Portuguese writing on them.
Investigating officer, PC Dan Bennington, said: “I really need to speak with anyone who witnessed the robbery or who is offered a quantity of baby changing mats for sale in suspicious circumstances.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, please call PC Dan Bennington, or his colleagues at Chelmsford CID, on 101
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash