Plans approved for Marham Park housing scheme
- Credit: THE DESIGN PARTNERSHIP
Final details for 63 homes just outside Bury St Edmunds have been granted planning permission.
The application by Orbit Homes East related to the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale for ‘parcel F’ at the Marham Park development at Fornham All Saints.
Outline planning permission for the entire strategic site comprising over 1,000 homes by multiple developers was granted in 2014.
MORE: Green light for next stage of Bury housing developmentLast week the application for parcel F was approved using council officers’ delegated powers.
The report said the proposed development “would create a well-laid out attractive scheme that respects the aspirations of the original masterplan” and complied with the relevant planning policies.
It added: “Overall, it is considered that the proposed development provides sufficient space for high quality soft landscaping that will enhance the development and improve the quality of the built environment.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be 50% affordable housing on site, which meets the requirements of the development brief for Marham Park.
A separate application will deal with access to the site.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town