Motorcyclist dies following crash involving two other vehicles on A12 slip road
- Credit: Google
A 37-year-old man has died following a collision involving a motorcycle and two other vehicles on a slip road off the A12.
The crash happened on the northbound carriageway on the Marks Tey slip road at about 4.30pm.
Essex Police closed the slip road and advised drivers to avoid the area.
A spokesman said: "We were called around 4.30 today to reports that a VW Crafter van, a Renault Clio and a Yellow Honda motorbike had been in collision.
Two people sustained minor injuries and a third person was taken to hospital in a critical condition but later died.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police said: "The rider of the motorbike, a 37 year-old man, was taken to hospital where he sadly died.
"A women in her 20s and a man in his 30s sustained minor injuries."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Anyone with information about the incident, or with dash cam footage, is asked to call 101 quoting incident 888 of November 3 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
It followed the earlier closure of a stretch of the road further south, due to an accident, near Hatfield Peverel.
The road was closed between the Witham bypass and the junction 20A for Hatfield Peverel South.