Two men and a woman to face trial for alleged murder in Colchester
- Credit: ARCHANT
The trial of two men and a woman accused of murdering a 56-year-old Colchester man is due to take place in October.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today were Mark Hartley, 32, of New Kiln Road, Colchester, Darren Miller, 45, of no fixed address and Heidi Kennedy, 46, of Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester.
All three have denied murdering Martin Dines from Colchester on April 22.
Essex Police launched a murder investigation following the discovery of a body at St Mary’s car park in Balkerne Hill, just before 9am on Monday, April 23.
The victim was later identified as Mr Dines, who was believed to have been a member of the town’s rough sleeping community.
You may also want to watch:
The trial of the three defendants, which is expected to last several weeks, will get underway on October 22.
Judge Martyn Levett remanded all three defendants in custody.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub