Martlesham: 16-year-old charged with GBH after teen’s jaw broken at Music on the Green
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
A 16-year-old has been charged with grievous bodily harm after another teenager sustained a broken jaw at a music event.
He was arrested following an alleged incident, which occurred at Music on the Green in Martlesham.
Police put out appeals after another 16-year-old was said to have been subjected to an assault.
The altercation took place on Saturday, July 13, between 9pm and 9.30pm.
After being arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, the suspect was questioned before being released on bail until August 22, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
He was then re-bailed until this month as the investigation continued.
Lisa Miller, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “A 16-year-old who lives in the Rushmere area has been charged with grievous bodily harm without intent.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
The boy cannot be named as he has anonymity under the law due to his age.
He is scheduled to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich for the first hearing of his case on January 2.
Another 16-year-old has been interviewed by police in relation to the alleged attack. At this stage the inquiry is still ongoing.
Meanwhile, a 25-year-old man from Kesgrave is on bail over another alleged assault on a 17-year-old male at the same event.
The incident also left the teenager with a suspected broken jaw.
It is said to have occurred in front of The Douglas Bader public house at The Square around 11pm on July 13.
The suspect, who was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, was originally bailed until September, before being re-bailed until this month.
However, police have said his bail has now been extended until January 22.
Officers are still appealing for anyone with information relating to the later incident to telephone them at Suffolk Coastal CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.