Martlesham: Gas leaking from under road
A GAS company is currently monitoring an area of Suffolk after gas was found to be leaking from under a road.
The leak was reported to National Grid yesterday after a member of the public reported a strong smell of gas in the area surrounding the roundabout linking the A12 at Martlesham with Main Road, Kesgrave.
Signs advising road users not to smoke while in the area could be seen along the roadside.
A spokeswoman for National Grid said that the issue was currently beginning monitored daily.
“After sending engineers out to the area, gas was found leaking from under the road,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be monitored every day and will be repaired during the next week.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp