Masked burglars smash way into home of woman in her 80s
A woman in her 80s was forced to sit and watch as burglars stole jewellery from her home last night.
As she prepared to go to bed, the woman heard glass smashing and saw four or five men, wearing dark clothing and facial coverings, enter her home through patio doors.
The raid happened at about 10pm in Crossing Road, Palgrave, near Diss.
One of the burglars, described as about 6ft and of large build, told her to sit down and stayed with her while the other men searched her home.
The woman was unhurt but a quantity of jewellery is believed to have been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are asking anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity, or anyone with information about those involved, to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number ST/15/925.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue