Masked man seen lurking around Co-op in The Square, Colchester before attempted knife-point robbery
- Credit: Su Anderson
A masked robber armed with a knife is reported to have demanded money from a man withdrawing cash outside a north Essex shop.
The suspect is said to have threatened the man but he was able to fight back and kick the assailant before running into the Co-operative store in The Square, Colchester, to call police.
The attempted robbery is reported to have happened around 9pm yesterday, when the man was withdrawing cash from the ATM outside the store.
Dc Tim Harris, of Colchester CID, said: “We have information to suggest that this suspect was seen hanging around the area by a number of people who may have information that could assist in our enquiries.
“We believe that the suspect wore a dark hoodie with his hood up and either had a scarf, balaclava or some form of mask covering his face.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID on 101 quoting incident 1124 of 03/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich