Night-mare - police kept busy as eight horses escape
- Credit: Archant
Several escaped horses kept police busy on Wednesday night as they tried to contain the animals, which ran wild across Mildenhall.
Suffolk Constabulary were called just before 8pm to reports that eight horses were on the loose in the playing fields off Ravan Close, Mildenhall.
The horses then moved onto Ravan Road.
Officers were able to contain the horses for a small period of time in Lark Road before two of the creatures headed towards a nearby roundabout.
Thankfully they returned unscathed.
You may also want to watch:
Just after 9pm, Suffolk Constabulary announced they had led the horses back to their field.
Officers are still at the scene making sure the site is secure.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets
They have thanked members of the public who helped coax horses from the roads and back to where they belong.
No horses were hurt and no accidents caused by the string.