Massive manhunt after father abducts three-year-old son from foster parents
A massive manhunt is under way after a father abducted his three-year-old son from foster parents.
Robert Gurling is only allowed contact with his son under supervision but kidnapped the youngster, Essex Police said.
They were last seen in Great Notley, near Braintree in Essex, at about 10.30am yesterday.
Police search teams and a helicopter were called out and combed the area in an “urgent” search for the pair. The search was ongoing last night.
Detectives are appealing to the public to help trace Mr Gurling who is described as white, aged in his 40s, 6ft and of medium build.
He has cropped dark brown, greying hair and was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
They may be travelling in a blue car, according to police.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Werrett said: “Mr Gurling has abducted his child from the foster parents.
“He is not allowed unsupervised access to the child and therefore we need to urgently locate the child to ensure he is safe and well.”
Anyone who sees them is asked to call 999 immediately.
If anybody has less urgent information about the whereabouts of Mr Gurling and his son is being asked to call Essex Police on 01245 282103.