Matt Hancock makes first public appearance since coronavirus diagnosis
- Credit: PA
West Suffolk MP and Health Secretary Matt Hancock has made his first public appearance since testing positive for the coronavirus.
Last Friday Mr Hancock revealed that he had tested positive for the virus.
Mr Hancock said that his symptoms were mild and that he would continue to work from home where he would self -isolate until today.
This afternoon, he led the Government’s press conference from Downing Street.
Ministers have been taking it in turn to host the conference since the Prime Minister and Mr Hancock both tested positive for the virus. “I’ve been away for a week now and I am delighted to be back,” said Mr Hancock.
You may also want to watch:
“I come back redoubled, determined to fight this virus with everything I’ve got.”
Among the announcements made by Mr Hancock in his conference was the wiping of £13.4 billion of historic NHS debt and an increase in the amount of coronavirus testing.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'