Mature model Sali Austin-Banks produces charity calendar to support homeless ex-soldiers
- Credit: Adrian Dawes
A mother-of-five who has become a professional model in her 50s is raising money to support homeless former soldiers by launching a charity calendar.
It all began last September when Sali Austin-Banks’ fiancé Steve Banks bought her a photo shoot for her birthday to help her become more confident about her body image.
This initial shoot has developed into two modelling agency contracts and, inspired by the Battle of Britain’s 75th anniversary year, has led to a charity calendar for Soldiers Off The Street (S.O.T.S).
Miss Austin-Banks, (pictured), from Elmswell, said: “I decided to do it because of the Battle of Britain year. It was our inspiration to do something to acknowledge the Battle of Britain – our soldiers then and our soldiers now, and helping them. I think it’s appalling they are living on the street with no job, no home.”
Miss Austin-Banks, who also has her own healthcare business, has modelling contracts with a London-based agency and another in Surrey.
You may also want to watch:
“For me it’s saying you can be 53 years old and a mother-of-five and still have a good body and look good. Just because you are 53 doesn’t mean you have to give up. At 52 I became a professional, mature model, but I do actually feel a bit of a fraud. I don’t see what everybody sees.”
Her modelling career is managed by her fiancé and she is working on the 2016 calendar with photographer Adrian Dawes. Everybody involved in producing it have given up their time to support the charity.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
The calendar, costing £15 including postage and packaging, will be available from mid to end of October. To order a copy through PayPal use email@example.com
Also visit Miss Austin-Banks’ Facebook page by searching for ‘Sali Austin Banks’