Mauger signing for Panthers
TRACK legend Ivan Mauger will be at the East of England Showground on Thursday night.
Mauger and former Peterborough promoter Martin Rogers will be special guests as the six-times World Champion signs copies of his new book The Will to Win.
The autobiography has been written in collaboration with journalist Rogers who spent four years running the Panthers in the eighties.
Mauger is the most decorated rider in speedway history and the only ex-racer to be honoured with both the MBE and the OBE for his on-track exploits.
He won the first of half a dozen World Finals in 1968, is the only rider ever to have won three successive titles, and set the record of six gold medals with his final victory in 1979.
You may also want to watch:
He had a spell as Peterborough’s Overseas scout when current Director of Speedway Peter Oakes owned the club in the nineties.
Among the long list of talented riders he unearthed during that spell were current World Champion Jason Crump and Alwalton idol Ryan Sullivan.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
New Zealander Mauger, 70, now lives on Australia’s Gold Coast where one of his neighbours is Rogers who was also promoter at King’s Lynn and Leicester, both clubs being in the top-flight while Peterborough raced in the second tier.
The joint authors will be signing copies of the book before, during and after the Panthers’ Elite League top four battle with champions Wolverhampton.