100-year-old May is serenaded by 40-piece orchestra on her birthday
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
A care home resident has celebrated her 100th birthday in style – serenaded by a 40-piece orchestra.
May Peacock became a centenarian on Thursday and the care home she lives at, Mistley Manor, pulled put all the stops for her big day.
After a leisurely breakfast, May had her hair and make-up done before the afternoon's entertainment began.
After a quick chorus of Happy Birthday, band Past Times played a mix of golden oldies to the crowds in the sunshine.
The birthday girl was then entertained by Street Orchestra Live, who squeezed in a performance just hours before they were set to play in Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
Sonny Smith, catering manager at the home, said when they heard it was May's birthday they couldn't resist coming to help celebrate.
"May had a fantastic time," he said.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
"The day couldn't have gone any better.
"She absolutely loved it."