Which McDonald’s are opening today in Suffolk and Essex?
- Credit: Archant
McDonald’s has revealed five more restaurants will open their drive-thru lanes in Suffolk and Essex.
The fast food giant first started reopening restaurants in May as part of a trial to ensure staff could work and customers could be served safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
Ipswich’s restaurants were among the first to reopen, but now five more will begin serving at their drive-thrus again – three in Essex and two in Suffolk.
They are among dozens of other McDonald’s to start serving again nationwide from today, June 4.
The restaurants reopening are:
• Colchester – Leisure World
You may also want to watch:
• Colchester – Tollgate West
• Colchester – Colchester United Stadium
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 8 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
• Beccles – Norwich Road
• Lowestoft – Arbor Lane
These will only be open for drive-thru customers and will not be accepting orders for delivery.
A limited menu is still in place across all its restaurants, as well as reduced opening hours and spending limits of £25 per customer.
Last week, the fast food giant said it would reopen more than 1,000 sites by June 4 as part of plans to welcome customers to all of its drive-thrus again.
On Tuesday, McDonald’s reopened 168 restaurants across the UK and Ireland for drive-thru, with a further 22 restaurants offering delivery.