Man in 20s in critical condition after A11 McDonald’s hit and run
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man in his 20s is in a critical condition after being involved in a hit and run outside a McDonald’s.
Police were called to the scene by the Fiveways Roundabout near Barton Mills around 11pm Monday, July 15.
Officers say there was a reported argument between the man and a woman driving a black BMW 1-Series in the nearby McDonald's car park.
The exact nature of the incident remains unknown, although police say the BMW failed to stop after the man was struck.
The man remains in a critical but stable condition in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, having suffered serious head injuries and a broken arm.
A spokesman for Suffolk police added: "Any witnesses to the incident, or anyone who has seen a black BMW 1-Series registration number YF63 HFY, is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station, quoting reference 41512/19."
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds