McLaren supercar set to wow at charity show
- Credit: supplied
Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake is set to have a new star attraction at this year’s show on Sunday, August 31 at Hall Farm, Fornham St Martin.
A stunning McClaren 650S will be on display alongside hundreds of other sports cars, vintage vehicles and eye-catching motorcycles at the annual show, which raises funds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The McLaren 650S was unveiled at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show and was announced in February as a new model. It is based on the McLaren MP4-12C, with 25% new parts. The 650S shares the MP4-12C’s carbon fibre composite chassis and is powered by the same British-built McLaren M838T 3.8-litre V8 twin-turbo engine.
Paul Mercer, director of premium vehicles company Merbury Management at Bury St Edmunds, has worked closely with McLaren London to secure this special car.
He said: “I’m delighted we have the McLaren 650S on show for Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake. It is the latest model from McLaren and definitely has the wow factor. I hope it will be a real crowd-pleaser and attract people to the show.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a great privilege for me to be head judge for this year’s show. My judging panel of 16 is one with many experts, enthusiasts and passionate classic car owners and lovers.”
Mr Mercer, who has worked with prestigious marques for 15 years, will be joined on the judging panel by Philip Young, of the Endurance Rally Association.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake is organised by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, along with the hospice’s voluntary special events committee.
Mr Long said: “Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake has established a loyal following of car and motorcycle exhibitors, who are the stars of the show. We think this, our fifth year, will be our biggest and best yet.”
In addition to seeing the McLaren 650S and hundreds of other vehicles, visitors will be able to browse trade stands and visit the Greene King bar, while there will also be a children’s fun area. BBC Radio Suffolk will be at Hall Farm for the day, broadcasting live from the event.
Last year’s Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake raised £28,342, bringing the total raised by this great family day out to date to £84,185 for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The maximum number of entries for this year’s show, from 11am to 4.30pm, has been capped at 600. To enter a vehicle, email Karen Ridgeon at email@example.com or visit the website at www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk