Mear stuns Lynn and Silver
ROB Mear stole the show for Rockets at Rye House against King's Lynn on Saturday night.The Rockets beat their arch-rivals from the Norfolk Arena 49-44 with Hatfield-based Mear claiming 15 points from his five rides.
ROB Mear stole the show for Rockets at Rye House against King's Lynn on Saturday night.
The Rockets beat their arch-rivals from the Norfolk Arena 49-44 with Hatfield-based Mear claiming 15 points from his five rides.
After gaining his first Premier League maximum in his 50th Rockets' appearance, Mear paid tribute to the part played in his early season success story by veteran team-mate Andrew 'Hi Ho' Silver.
"Every time I watch him I do honestly get a shiver through me and know I can win the next race as he's made me feel so confident," said Mear.
You may also want to watch:
"The way he rides, he attacks the track and whilst the scores aren't showing it at the moment you can see he is really trying.
"It's unfortunate he's had a couple of breakdowns but he makes you feel good and brightens up the place.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash
"He throws the bike around and you can see what he's trying to do, but at the moment it just hasn't clicked in but when it does he'll be fine."
Mear's long-awaited maximum was just reward for an excellent start to the season.
He is now hoping he can provide some inspiration for the rest of the team as they prepare for their Premier League campaign.
He said: "I've had a good run already this season, I suppose it is better than I expected.
"I would rather the whole team were getting the same scores though.
"I think if I can do it, I hope they can as well but in the end I've got to go out there and do my job and at the moment I think I'm doing it.