Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance landed in Bury St Edmunds' Abbey Gardens to deal with what was described as a medical incident.
Emergency services were called to Abbeygate Street in the town shortly before noon on Tuesday, April 12.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that a patient had been taken to West Suffolk Hospital following an incident.
"We sent two ambulances, a rapid response car and an air ambulance to the scene," said the spokesman.
"The patient was transported to West Suffolk Hospital for further care."
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers had been made aware.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car