Everything you need to know about the actress playing Snow White
- Credit: Archant
She’s performed on stage with Ed sheeran, at the FA Cup Final and in a panto in Cornwall, meet the woman who will play Snow White at the Ipswich panto this winter.
Professional actress Harriet Bacon, 25, will be living the dream as she makes her first appearance in a major lead role at the Regent Theatre in Ipswich.
Harriet, from Suffolk, will be taking up the role of Snow White after succeeding in the open auditions last week.
She will join Atomic Kitten Natasha Hamilton, X-Factor and Big Brother contestant Stevi Ritchie and Britain’s Got Talent winner Matt Pagan.
Harriet is overjoyed with the role: “I’m so happy, to be at home at Christmas playing the lead in a pantomime is fantastic.
“I can’t wait for all my family and friends to come and see me, it’s not always been easy for people to watch my performances but now I know that they will be able to come along.
“My grandparents were not able to come and see me when I performed in Truro as it is so far away from here but they will be able to come to this.”
Harriet started her performing career at the Marwyn School of Dancing in Woodbridge when she was just four.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
She stared in many performances across Suffolk and eventually made it to the Performers College in Corringham, Essex where she achieved a diploma in Professional Musical Theatre.
During her time at theatre school Harriet had some amazing opportunities.
She said: “I was on stage with Ed Sheeran when he was doing some X-Factor thing. I was just in the background holding a flame.”
Unperturbed by sharing a stage with the Suffolk global superstar, Harriet also took part in a pre-game performance at the 2015 FA Cup final.
Since graduating in 2016, Harriet has starred in several pantos in Truro, including Jack and the Beanstalk.
Harriet has been in and out of London for auditions but decided to return home to take up teaching roles at the Marwyn School, which she attended as a child, and the Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts in Norwich.
“They have been so supportive,” said Harriet.
“They’ve already said how brilliant it will be to bring the students to the performances and I hope it can inspire them.
“I started just like them at the school and they can see that it is possibly to go from there to performing professionally.”
Harriet is waiting to receive her script and will spend the next few months balancing her time between teaching and learning her lines.
Rehearsals for Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs will begin on Saturday, December 1 with the first performance on Friday December 14.