Royal Wedding confusion in Suffolk after cardboard heads disappear from village
- Credit: Michael Stennett
Confusion has arisen in Yoxford after the heads of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were removed from a sign.
The event was held at the village hall last Friday to raise funds for the building.
To promote the event local artist and former costume designer Michael Stennett painted portraits of the couple for a sign.
However, on Thursday night, just hours before the event was due to take place the heads of Harry and Meghan disappeared.
The heads were tied onto the board separately with wire
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stennett is philosophical about the loss and was slightly flattered that the heads had been removed so neatly: “I spent a morning doing them and I enjoyed painting them,” said Mr Stennett, “but someone else enjoyed them as well.”
“I would not have kept it afterwards,” he added.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
Despite the loss of their two stars the rest of the event at the hall was a success.