Melton: Appeal after rail line collision
POLICE are hunting the driver of a vehicle that collided with level crossing warning lights at a railway line.
It happened at Wilford Bridge Road, Melton, near Woodbridge, around 2.20am on New Years Day.
Officers were called to reports of a single vehicle collision close to the railway line.
The driver of the Citroen Berlingo abandoned the car but it is thought he spoke to several people at the scene before he left.
Police need to trace him and are urging anyone with information to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Rail services were stopped while the Citroen was recovered.
Call 01473 613500 with details.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores