Melton: Armed robbery at McColl’s newsagents in The Street
- Credit: Archant
An armed robbery took place at a convenience store in an east Suffolk village tonight, police have said.
Officers were contacted shortly after 8pm with a report that a man, who was carrying a wooden bat, had entered McColl’s newsagents in The Street, Melton, and demanded money from staff.
A small quantity of cash was handed to him. He left the store and ran over to a silver-coloured Ford car, driven by a second man, which drove off at speed towards the direction of Ufford.
The first man is described as being white, of a slim build and around 5ft 4ins tall.
Staff at the store were tonight unwilling to comment but officers at the scene said no-one was injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation is in the very early stages and witness statements need to be taken but police are asking anyone who was in the area and saw the man or the vehicle to call them on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting