Historian Peter Driver to speak to Melton History Society
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A local historian will be speaking to Melton History Society next week.
Peter Driver will be giving a talk about Suffolk local miscellany entitled Curiosities of Suffolk.
The talk will be taking place in the Burness Parish Rooms on the Street in Melton on Wednesday September 12.
A spokesman for the group said: “We are fortunate to have local historian Peter Driver giving an entertaining illustrated talk using his widespread knowledge of facts about Suffolk which he will be sharing with us.
“This will be a fascinating look at Suffolk local miscellany.”
You may also want to watch:
Both members and non-members are welcome to attend Mr Drivers talk with tickets free for those in the society and £3 for those who are not.
Doors will open at 7.30pm for a 7.45pm start.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
More information about the event can be found by emailing email@example.com or by visiting their website at www.mlhs.btck.co.uk.