Live in a converted four-bedroom water tower with a balcony and observatory - for less than £1million
- Credit: FENN WRIGHT
Can you see yourself living in this beautiful seven-storey water tower in the heart of Suffolk?
Situated north of the village of Melton, this seven-storey Victorian wonder was converted from its original purpose to make a luxurious home and living space - and is on the market for £900,000.
Views stretch as far as the River Deben at the top, the bottom two floors are built around the base of the tower, with a large kitchen-come-breakfast room, sitting room, reception hall and utility room all surrounding a unique dining room in the centre of the building.
The kitchen is more than 20ft long, with a range cooker and slate flooring, with a rustic feeling flowing through the house thanks to the use of exposed brickwork and floorboards.
The second floor has a huge master bedroom and en-suite, along with two other bedrooms and a family bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Ascending the stairway, you reach the first of five floors in the water tower itself which allows access to the flat roof.
Above that is a series of small landings with a bathroom, a bedroom, a study and lastly an observatory on the top floor.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
The tower itself, with the top tow floors full of flexible space, could be a unique annex and separate space for house guests.
Even better, the home comes with off-road parking.
For those that could bear to leave this beautiful home, commuters are just a mile from Melton train station and near to the A12.
Contact Fenn Wright on 01394 821 066 to find out more.