Members of the public help free man seriously injured after becoming trapped under car in Witham
- Credit: citizenside.com
Essex Police have thanked members of the public who helped free a man who had become trapped under a car in Witham.
Police were called to reports that a pedestrian had been seriously injured following a collision with a car in Purcell Road, shortly before 11am today, Sunday September 3.
The man in his 30s had been in collision with a Jaguar XE when the driver was manoeuvring into a residential parking area.
He was taken to Royal Hospital London by air ambulance with life-threatening injuries.
PC Allan Discombe, who attended the scene, said: “We would like to thank those people who helped us free the man trapped under the car in Purcell Road earlier today.
“Your help meant that paramedics were able to administer the medical assistance the man needed and get him to hospital much quicker.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Stanway Roads Policing on 101 quoting incident 412 of September 3.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident