Heartless thieves steal memorial bench from town cemetery
- Credit: MILDENHALL POLICE
A bench in memory of a well-known builder and carpenter from Newmarket has been stolen by heartless thieves from the town’s cemetery.
The commemorative wooden bench, which is around 5ft, was reported stolen from Newmarket Cemetery on Wednesday, July 22.
The bench was placed in the cemetery in memory of Graham Cyril Sore, who was well-known around Newmarket.
The plate on the bench reads: “In loving memory of Graham Cyril SORE 1959 – 2018 always in our thoughts”.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “We received a report on Wednesday, July 22 regarding the theft of a commemorative bench, which is wooden and about 5ft long, from Newmarket Cemetery.
“The theft is believed to have taken place between midday on Sunday, July 12 and midday on Wednesday, July 22.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 37/41770/20, or make a report online.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, at 0800 555111.