Special memorial service to be held
- Credit: Archant
A special service for the bereaved organised by Churches Together in Bury St Edmunds will be held in the town at the weekend.
The service at St Mary's Church will begin at 3pm on Sunday, May 12 and all families living in Bury and the surrounding area of all denominations who have lost loved ones are invited to the service.
The service will be conducted by ministers from different churches in town and the preacher will be Reverend Mark Haworth.
The names of those who have died will be read out and a candle lit in memory of them.
The aim of the service is to provide an opportunity to remember loved ones and also give comfort to all who grieve.
Anyone who would like to have their family member remembered by name can contact St Mary's Church on 01284 754680 or via email.
You may also want to watch:
Names can still be submitted immediately before the service.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England