Armed men in balaclavas threaten to kill occupants during home burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men in balaclavas armed with a screwdriver and a crowbar broke into a house and threatened to kill the occupants during a burglary in Colchester.
According to a spokesman for Essex police, two men forced their way into the home in The Willows at around 12.30am on Thursday, May 17, and made threats to kill the two people living there.
They then messily searched the house before stealing jewellery and a sum of cash.
A police spokesman said: “The victims were unharmed, but were understandably shaken following the incident.”
The victims described one man as being white, around 6ft tall and well-built.
You may also want to watch:
The second man is described as also being white, shorter in height and of a slimmer build, with green eyes.
Both men wore a black balaclava and gloves.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Witnesses or anyone who saw men matching these descriptions in the area at the time, or has any information relating to the incident are asked to contact DC Danielle Markoutsis at Colchester police station on 101, quoting reference 42/68156/18.