Gang steals cash and cigarettes from Essex village shop
- Credit: Archant
A gang of three men – all wearing motorcycle helmets – stole cigarettes and cash after threatening a village shop worker with a knife.
Police are appealing for information following the robbery at a shop in Evelyn Wood Road, Cressing, near Braintree, around 1.20pm yesterday.
After entering the shop, the three men threatened and assaulted a member of staff and demanded money.
They took cigarettes and cash and made off on mopeds which had no licence plates.
Anyone who saw or heard anything, who lives in the area and has CCTV, or were driving in the area and have dash cam footage, is urged to call Essex Police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk