Fifteen men due in court following ‘hit-and-run’ disturbance outside TOWIE nightclub
Fifteen men are due to appear in court in connection with a disturbance outside a nightclub in Brentwood.
Twelve men, aged between 22 and 36, from Kent and Bromley, were summonsed to appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for violent disorder.
A 22-year-old man and a 33-year-old man, both from London, appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, July 19, also for violent disorder.
A 25-year-old man from Cheshunt appeared at the same court for assisting an offender.
They are all due to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police received reports of people fighting outside the Sugar Hut, in High Street – made famous by The Only Way is Essex – at about 3.10am on Sunday, April 2, 2017.
During that disturbance, three people were hit by a blue Audi, which left the scene.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
Two men and a woman were taken to hospital for serious injuries but were later discharged.
The men who appeared in court today were Christopher Vines, 30, of Stonecroft Road, Erith; James Faint, 34, of Ashbourne Avenue, Bexleyheath, Kent; George Humber, 24 of Mount Road, Bexleyheath, Kent; Joe Bignall, 22, of Wheatstone Road, Erith, Kent; John Murray, 29, of Edendale Road, Bexleyheath, Kent; Ellis Saunders, 26, of Swallow Close, Erith, Kent; Jack Willmott, 25, of Stelling Road, Erith, Kent; Charlie Rickman, 26, of Chapel Road, Bexleyheath, Kent; Bobby Menah, 36, of Wessex Drive, Erith, Kent; Harry Popeley, 26, of High Street, Chislehurst, Bromley; Syd Smith, 29, of Orchard Close, Bexleyheath, Kent; and Carl Bell, 29, of Brick Gardens, Maidstone, Kent.
The men who appeared in court last week were Simon McDonagh, 33, of Cricketfield Road, West Drayton, Hillingdon; Shane McDonagh, 22, of Lyton Close, Willesden, Brent; and Danny Cobbing; 25, of Perrysfield Close, Cheshunt, Waltham Abbey.