Men in balaclavas robbed 17-year-old and attacked him with a baseball bat
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police is appealing for witnesses after a 17-year-old was robbed and hit in the head with a baseball by men in balaclavas.
Police say the incident happened in Banham Road, Beccles, at around 10.30pm on Thursday, January 11.
The victim was walking home when a black Peugeot 206 with three people inside pulled in front of him.
One person stayed in the car and two males got out and walked toward him.
One was carrying a wooden baseball bat.
You may also want to watch:
The men are described as wearing tracksuits and black balaclavas over their faces.
They are described as being over six feet tall and of a stocky build.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 6 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 7 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 8 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
They struck the victim in the lower left leg with the bat and then hit him over the side of the head causing a small cut and swelling.
They stole a bag containing a fluorescent jacket, the victims mobile phone and a 50gram pouch of Amber Leaf tobacco from his front jacket pocket.
Anyone with information or who saw any suspicious activity should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/2210/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.