Men to appear in court over stash of hand sanitiser and loo rolls
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Three men have been charged with burglary after a haul of loo roll and hand sanitiser was discovered by police in Essex.
Officers were called at around 10.20pm on Friday, March 20, with reports that a vehicle had driven through a barrier at a building site in Bury Lane in Hatfield Peverel, near Chelmsford.
The police located the vehicle on the A13 before stopping it in South Ockendon at around 10.50pm.
Inside was a large quantity of hand sanitiser and toilet rolls, with other stolen goods including a petrol generator, laptop and microwave.
Three men were arrested at the scene for burglary offences and have now been charged.
You may also want to watch:
They are Johnnie Scamp, 29, of Love Lane, Aveley, Thomas Simmonds, 37, of Broxburn Drive, of Broxburn Drive, South Ockendon, and James Scamp, 41, of Comet Close, Purfleet.
They are due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Monday March 23.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints