Three arrested after knives and drugs found in Ipswich stop and search
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Three men have been arrested after police stopped a vehicle containing knives, drugs and £1,000 worth of phones, scales and cash.
Two teenagers and a 20-year-old man have been released under investigation after a vehicle was stopped and searched in Ipswich.
The incident happened on Monday, September 3 at about 9.20pm when officers had reason to stop a black Audi A3 on Shetland Close.
Officers subsequently searched the three male occupants of the car and recovered two knives and seven wraps of what was believed to be class A drugs.
Five mobile phones, scales and cash in the region of £1,000 were also recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Three men aged 18, 19 and 20 were all arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs, while the 19 year old and 18 year old were both arrested on suspicion of possession an offensive weapon. They were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
All three have since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win