Men took money from elderly woman after claiming to carry out home repairs in distraction burglary
An elderly woman was targeted in a distraction burglary at her home in a Suffolk village, police have said.
Two men attended the property in a lane off Bildeston Road, Little Finborough and claimed they were there to carry out home repairs.
One of the men entered the property and went up into the attic using his own ladder.
The man then demanded an amount of cash, which was handed over by the resident. The men drove off in the direction of Battisford in a van.
The incident took place at around 11am on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who entered the property, is described as white, had a tanned complexion, around 5ft 10ins tall, of a large build, aged around 40 years old, had short dark curly hair and was wearing a navy coloured boiler suit.
The man, who stayed outside the property, is described as white, around 5ft 4ins tall and aged around 30 years old.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
The van is described as a white mid-sized van with ladders on the side.
Witnesses or people with information relating to this incident are urged to call police on 101.