Men took money from elderly woman after claiming to carry out home repairs in distraction burglary
An elderly woman was targeted in a distraction burglary at her home in a Suffolk village, police have said.
Two men attended the property in a lane off Bildeston Road, Little Finborough and claimed they were there to carry out home repairs.
One of the men entered the property and went up into the attic using his own ladder.
The man then demanded an amount of cash, which was handed over by the resident. The men drove off in the direction of Battisford in a van.
The incident took place at around 11am on Wednesday last week.
The man, who entered the property, is described as white, had a tanned complexion, around 5ft 10ins tall, of a large build, aged around 40 years old, had short dark curly hair and was wearing a navy coloured boiler suit.
The man, who stayed outside the property, is described as white, around 5ft 4ins tall and aged around 30 years old.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
The van is described as a white mid-sized van with ladders on the side.
Witnesses or people with information relating to this incident are urged to call police on 101.