Mendlesham: Crash closes part of A140
EMERGENCY services have been called to a crash on the A140.
A pick up style transit went partially through a hedge close to Mendlesham, near Stowmarket.
It is not yet known how seriously the driver is hurt but it is believed he could have suffered a heart attack at the wheel.
Emergency services were called around 5.30pm and police closed off the road.
Two fire engines from Debenham and Eye, a rescue tender from Stowmarket and an enhanced rescue tender from Princes Street in Ipswich went to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used thermal imaging equipment to check there was no one else involved in the crash.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they were also in attendance.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
One male was removed from the vehicle and was treated by paramedics.