Mendlesham: Procession princess chosen for village’s annual fete
- Credit: Andy Abbott
A PRINCESS has been chosen to lead a village’s fair which is expected to attract hundreds of people.
This year’s Mendlesham princess is 10-year-old Bacton Middle School student Erin Williams.
Her name was picked by the organisers along with her two assistants Megan Morphew and Skye Harper, both seven and from Mendlesham Primary School.
The girls will lead this year’s carnival procession on May Day bank holiday.
Event organiser Sandra Exley said: “There will be stalls, entertainers, shop traders - you name it we have it. The girls were over the moon, they were really very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
The fete will begin at noon on May 6.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results