Mendlesham: Shed and van go up in flames at Mendlesham Caravan Park
FIREFIGHTERS were alerted today after a shed fire spread to engulf a nearby van.
The blaze broke out at Mendlesham Caravan Park in Norwich Road at about 11am.
A crew from Stowmarket arrived at the scene and discovered cylinders were involved in the fire and so called for two more crews as back up.
They were joined by firefighters from Debenham and Needham Market.
The shed was found engulfed in flames and the fire had spread to a transit van nearby and a 45kg propane cylinder.
You may also want to watch:
The crews tackled the fire while protecting nearby caravans from becoming involved in the blaze.
A 45kg propane cylinder and a 19kg cylinder were also involved in the fire and crews worked quickly to remove the van from nearby caravans and cool the cylinders.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Thermal imaging equipment was used to monitor the temperature of the cylinders.
By 12.13pm both cylinders were cooled and removed from the risk area.
The incident was brought under control and crews were left damping down the scene to prevent any further fire.