Menta Trade Fair kicks off Bury St Edmunds Business Festival programme
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 exhibitors showcased their goods and services at the Menta Trade Fair, held at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
Visitors and fellow exhibitors had the chance to meet with representatives from a total of 120 firms, as well as to listen to a series of talks and presentations including free business support seminars from the New Anglia Growth Hub.
A new feature this year trade fair was the DEEP (Digital Enterprise Engagement Programme) Digital Lounge, hosted by Montage Communications, where speakers covered subjects including apps, web analytic tools and e-commerce.
Another innovation was the dedication of the first floor balcony to 40 new businesses which were able to take the opportunity to network with the wide range of visitors.
Alex Till, chief executive of Menta, the enterprise agency based in Bury, said the organisation had received “fantastic” feedback from exhibitors and visitors alike.
You may also want to watch:
“Menta are here to help local Suffolk businesses grow and build on their successes,” he said. “It shows, once again, the energy and vibrancy of the Suffolk business community and was a great start to the Business Festival taking place in the west of the county.”
He added: “We’re grateful for the support of many local businesses, especially our sponsor and first Menta patron, Atkins Thomson Solicitors for their financial support.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
Menta helps small businesses grow through business advice, subsidised training, workspace rentals and networking events.
The Bury St Edmunds and West Suffolk Business Festival, which began with the Menta Trade Fair on Wednesday, September 30, runs until Friday, October 9. For full details of the line-up of festival events, visit www.businessfestival.org/events.