Freezing temperatures on the way - weather warning issued
- Credit: citizenside.com
After days of rain and flooding, the Met Office has now issued a weather warning for ice across Suffolk and Essex.
A yellow warning will be in place from midnight until 10am on Friday morning.
The Met Office is warning that some stretches of road are likely to be icy as temperatures are set to drop overnight.
"An area of rain is expected to clear southwards across much of Wales, the Midlands, East Anglia and the south of northern England on Thursday evening," said the Met Office.
"Following this surface temperatures are expected to fall away below freezing and following the rain and recent wet weather many surfaces are likely to remain wet leading to icy stretches forming where these not treated."
You may also want to watch:
The warning comes after two days of heavy rain and flooding across the region caused travel chaos.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143